Welcome to the new Oral History Western Australia (OHWA) website. This website has been developed in conjunction with a new Oral History Australia (OHA) website, with both sites featuring complementary branding and a number of shared features.
The aim has been to deliver a refreshed website experience that makes it easier for users to find what they’re looking for and for our volunteers behind-the-scenes to share their work and better support each other.
Please note: Content of the OHA website has been substantially revised and rearranged. Some bookmarks you may have been using for particular content such as ethics guides, will need to be updated.
Some of the new features on this website include:
- a menu in the top right of the website providing access to all OHA State/Territory associations from any page
- an accessibility tool bar providing tools such as changing font size and adjusting contrast
- navigation pages at the top level of each tab of the main contents menu providing a quick overview
- quick links boxes throughout the site to make it easier to access content embedded deeper in the website (e.g. Quick links for journal authors)
- category search to make it easier to find news items
- colour coding of event listings – OHA in blue, OHWA in orange and grey for international events.
Much of the content of the old website has been reviewed, revised and rewritten to ensure it is up to date and relevant.
Some new content includes:
- a new page outlining the history of OHWA and pioneering oral historian JeanTeasdale
- a new-look Practitioners Register making it easy to search for an oral historian for your project.